Thursday, October 12, 2017

Fall Laughter Frame

Hi there everyone! After having surgery and beginning my road to recovering from it I needed to create something uplifting and bright. What better way to do that than with some of Yvonne's cheery sentiment and pattern stamps! I hope you this project is uplifting for you too!

I chose the following Yvonne Blair Designed stamps from Impression Obsession.

I started with a plain wooden frame 5"X7" and painted entire surface with white gesso then dried completely.
I wanted a crackly wood grain look for the base so I used a Prima stencil and crackle paste. Let crackle paste dry for full effect.

Next,I used ink sprays in greens and golds alternating and drying in between colors.

Next, I inked up the sentiment stamp with an ombre mix of light to dark in shades of orange. I used clear embossing powder to seal this. Using green and the same orange inks I inked the pine branch several times and stamped around the sentiment. next, I placed the template for my frame where I liked and traced an outline with a pencil for a cutting reference and cut out.
Finally place the glass back into the frame and add the cut-out sentiment as you would a picture. Add jute string and floral embellishments. I also added a wood chip bird and some art stones.
As a final little shimmery touch,
I added some Deco Art Pearlizing medium with a small brush here and there and on the bird.

Thanks so much for viewing! Have a fun creative day! The stamps used here and many more amazing design are available to purchase at http://www.iostamps.com/
Jenn





No comments:

Post a Comment