Monday, August 24, 2015

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015- August

For this months tag I chose to pay tribute to my all time favorite artist Salvador Dali. His work inspires and amazes me.


Using Tim's Adventure words Sizzix thinlits dies, I chose the words and cut them out of #8 Tag. I saved the punched out letters to use for other projects. I adhered this to the background using Multi Medium Matte and removed the excess with a paper towel.
Dali's works show many recurrences that reference things one of these is the moth and so I chose to use this paper as my background. It is from TH Wallflower paper.

After applying white gesso to the tag and quickly wiping off the excess with a paper towel, I used the above Distress inks directly on tag and then applied multi medium matte blending the colors to create this cool background!
I took letters from those punched out above to spell his name and applied Black Soot Distress Paint, and applied with multi medium matte on front and back. I did not have the stamp Tim used so I chose a french lettering background stamp from Wendy Vecchi. I adhered various ephemera that played to Dali such as Paris and New York being places he lived and worked. Using Black Soot Distress marker I drew a heavy line over the dried multi medium matte and rubbed around with my fingers to create the shadowing effect.
 I added a cut out signature Dali melted clock that was first adhered to heavy card stock the same way the photo was treated. I then used used distress ink in Tarnished Brass to splatter here and there.
I added the quote using small talk stickers. I thought these words were very Dali. I used Distress paint in black soot with my fingers rubbing around all outside edges to create that grungy look.

I then finished my tag with a rose embellishment painted with Barn Door Distress Paint to symbolize another of my fave paintings of his "Meditative Rose". I really enjoyed doing this one and am happy with the results.



No comments:

Post a Comment